The bookkeeper will provide finance support to a group of fast-growing SME businesses. The role requires a solid background in accounting and will be responsible for processing of bank transactions, recording of supplier bills, bank reconciliations and generation of regular financial reports.
- Record bank transactions using Xero software, including accurate GL coding of receipts and payments.
Invoicing and Collections
- Invoice customers as required
- Oversee collections from customers and report regularly on ATB
Supplier Payments and Expenses
- Collate supplier invoices
- Ensure all supplier bills are recorded correctly and ready for payment.
- Load payments into the bank system and notify authorizers
- Match bank payment transactions to supplier invoices.
- Create and send purchase orders to suppliers
- Use Datamolino to help automate invoice entry into Xero to the correct company
- Review submitted timesheets and correctly record in payroll
- Run payroll and disburse salaries and deductions
- Prepare month end payroll reports
- Prepare annual payroll reporting
- Record adjusting journal entries in the books (eg: accruals, depreciation)
- Preparation of monthly trial balance and financial statements
- Preparation of general ledger reconciliations, balance sheet schedules and income and expense analysis
- Preparation of draft BAS, tax returns and other statutory reports
- Ad hoc reporting from various software applications and using pivot tables in excel
- Building dashboards and operational reports for management using Business Intelligence reporting software (to be determined)
- Financial forecasting
- The role may be required to analyse information or perform other administrative tasks as needed by the business and requested by the management team
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree holder in Accountancy or Finance
- Minimum of three years accounting or bookkeeping experience, and used to supporting multiple entities (Australian Bookkeeping)
- Experience with Australian tax and/or payroll
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management Software preferably Xero software (or similar)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel Reporting)
- Must be fluent and excellent in communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Self-sufficient/Self-directed, reliable, and able to work to deadlines
- Amenable to WORK ONSITE (COVID lockdown permitting)